DP0135 : NetBackup 7.7 : Advanced Administration Training
Duration : 4 day
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The NetBackup 7.7: Advanced Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced NetBackup 7.7 software functionality and administrative tasks. This course covers advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database backups.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Auto Image Replication, and MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, auditing, authentication, and authorization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
- Understanding the NetBackup environment
- Using NetBackup Administrative interfaces
- Using NetBackup in an enterprise environment
Improving NetBackup Performance
- NetBackup performance overview
- Isolating bottlenecks
- Addressing bottlenecks
- Tuning NetBackup buffers
- Tuning NetBackup deduplication
- Network Resiliency
Disaster Recovery Strategies and Auto Image Replication
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Monitoring Auto Image Replication
- Managing and maintaining Auto Image Replication
- Protecting the NetBackup infrastructure
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
Application Backup Concepts
- Understanding application needs
- Database backup and restore concepts
- Customizing generic application backups
Managing Oracle Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Introduction to the Oracle database
- Configuring NetBackup for Oracle with Intelligent Policies
- Managing Oracle database backups
- Oracle database disaster recovery considerations
Managing Microsoft SQL Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Configuring SQL Server Intelligent Policies
- Using the NetBackup Microsoft SQL Client console
- Monitoring SQL Server database backups
- SQL Server and VMware backups
- SQL Server disaster recovery considerations
Managing Microsoft SharePoint Backups
- Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint policies
- Monitoring SharePoint backups
- SharePoint disaster recovery considerations
Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Introduction to Microsoft Exchange Server
- Configuring NetBackup for Exchange
- Exchange and high availability environments
- Monitoring and maintaining Exchange database backups
- Exchange disaster recovery considerations
Enhancing Virtual Machine Protection
- Protecting virtual machines with applications
- Using NetBackup Accelerator for VMware
Securing the NetBackup Environment
- Understanding security concerns in a backup environment
- Auditing NetBackup
- Securing NetBackup with NBAC
- Securing NetBackup using encryption
Trends in Enterprise Backups
- Using the cloud with NetBackup
- Using NetBackup with big data environments
- Using NetBackup Self Service